White heads, black heads, spots, boils, zits, pimples, whatever you want to call them the point is no matter who you are and what you do, everyone will have had at least one experience with the darn things.
I used to brag about rarely getting any, but since being at university my face just can’t get enough of them. Be it the bad diet, the excessive drinking or just never remembering to take my make up off after a night out, it’s irrelevant the point is they’re are hideous and a real pain to get rid of.
Of course most would just say, I will just improve my diet and drink lots of water and less alcohol, but for students I can’t see that happening too quickly. So after much extensive research I have found alternative (some very alternative) methods to get rid of the little blighters.
1. My whole life my mum has always worshipped water as if it were some kind of magical juice but according to practically every website, if you can stomach at least two litres a day this is a sure way to flush out all the “impurities” and supposedly your spots too.
2. Another effective way to get rid of pimples fast is the use of garlic. To get the pimple fighting benefits of garlic (wait for it…) massage it on your face a few times a day for about a week. The garlic seeds purify the blood, which aids in keeping pimples at bay. You will notice a difference within a week of doing this at the expense of smelling like death, your call.
3. Tea tree is known for killing acne bacteria and is a vital ingredient in most spot removing products. By purchasing the pure tea tree oil it’s self will burn off your little friend in no time. Just be sure to check the concentration as you may need to mix with water to avoid losing your face as well as your spot.
4. Another effective way to get rid of pimples fast is the use of apricot juice. Rub it on the affected area for 10 minutes every day or until your pimples are cleared up.
5. Toothpaste is another way to get rid of pimples fast. Apply toothpaste onto your pimples and allow it to stay there overnight. When you wake up, wash it off. This is extremely effective at getting rid of pimples for some but apparently does not work every time and has a lot to do with your skin type.
6. According to a couple of fellow spot sufferers even nail varnish remover is supposedly work wonders. Although it’s hard to believe that something that strips off paint from your nails could do anything kind to your skin, it supposedly burns/dries out the spot. Not for the faint hearted.
7. According to experts grating cucumber and or orange peel and applying it to the face for 10 to fifteen minutes can instantly reduce redness, dryness and ultimately prevent any pimples from occurring. This method is said to be best for those of you who could not resist the temptation to have a little squeeze and will help to reduce inflation.
So there we have it. Some weird and wonderful ways to get rid of or even just reduce every young person’s nightmare. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee that any of these will actually work but it has to be worth a go! Good luck.